Thursday, January 15, 2009

Moving part 3

Well today I moved the computer, screen, and other final bits and pieces from the old apartment. Luckily the heavy lifting was already completed yesterday, so today was not so bad.

And then I get a message from Sonia (in Bangkok) asking whether it would be ok to move all of her office's stuff into our apartment. So off I trot down to her office to pack it all up. 7 more boxes. At least this time the Man With A Van will help carry the stuff upstairs (the company is paying - "cheapskate" I hear you say?) tomorrow morning.

After packing the boxes, it was off to the gym. On arriving, I was informed that the hot water was off. They were fixing it (still). It has been off for the past 3-4 days, but they were always warning that there might not be enough hot water. This time I was warned that there was zero hot water. But since I celebrated my first night in the new apartment (last night) with nachos, I thought the gym was a must today. In the end the water was tepid rather than cold.

Last night: well, given the location I had expected some noise. In the end there was a bit more than I expected - mostly the restaurants throwing bottles into the rubbish. Might need to get heavy curtains on the bedroom. Still, you want the location, you take what comes with it.

It was cold - the apartment does not get any direct sun during the day. Luckily there was a sort of blanket as well as the duvet, so I did not freeze. But I am starting to realise (a) how cold it gets and why a lot of the locals have heaters, and (b) that it should be quite pleasant once we hit summer. The roof does get lots of sun, and breakfast (muesli and coffee) up there with the sudoku was very great. I can see that becoming a regular thing. And the rats are very friendly (stiring Sonia!).

No comments:

Post a Comment