Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moving continued

Ok, so yesterday was pretty tough going. The apartment is actually on the 6th floor if you include Ground Level, so it was a lot of weight to be carrying up a lot of stairs.

Today continued in the same vein. I slept last night at the old apartment, and started the day with a trip to bring more suitcase-loads containing clothes and food. I got a taxi to take me, given that there was a fair bit to carry. Then I spent the rest of the morning cleaning the fridge and the kitchen stuff. Washed all of the plates, cutlery (both were new from Ikea), and other bits and pieces.

Then took off to Sonia's work at about 2pm, to check for mail and to collect the coffee machine. Before picking up the coffee machine, I stoped to get takeaway char siu (BBQ pork) and rice from a place just across the road from the office. Very good, and it only costs HKD 33 for lunch - a bargain!

The coffee machine is pretty heavy. Getting it from level 66 of Sonia's building, down to street level and then outside and into a taxi was hard work. It is also a bit ungainly given the shape and size. By this time it was about 4pm, and traffic was building up. Elgin Street is part of a one-way system, and the road that the office is on is facing the wrong way. We crawled most of the way, and then I had to carry it up the stairs. Still, it is now ensconced in the kitchen. I have filled it with water and left it to heat up for a couple of hours, and will try running some through once I have finished writing this. The plan is for tomorrow's breakfast to be on the roof in the sun (assuming it is shining) with freshly made coffee... will let you know how it works out.

Tomorrow will probably involve moving the Mac, screen, and last bagful of stuff from the old apartment, then cleaning the floor of the new apartment.

1 comment:

  1. Better post some pictures of your new breakfast location when you have the chance. Sounds like a nice place.

    ReplyDelete