Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday

Well, another week draws to a close... I have basically finished the move to the new apartment today, and just have some bits of cleaning to do. Two dinners cooked, and the place is starting to feel a bit more like a home. Tomorrow I have to hand back the keys to the old place, get a haircut, and print and post a change of address letter to the insurance company. Then pack to fly to Bangkok on Sunday morning.

This update comes to you from the gym again, where I have been advised that the got water is still unavailable. Even though it was on last night! Never mind, a cool shower is enough after a good workout.

My gym habit is usually reading the Economist magazine, which comes every Friday. I have learnt a lot about the world and history from reading it (I am sure some of it is a bit slanted, although you know that economists are famous for straddling fences). For example last week's copy has a good summary of the history between Israel and Palestine - none of which I recall being taught at school. Or maybe it was and I was asleep at the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment