Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bad Fish

Clearly it had been too long since the last bout of food poisoning. In fact I struggle to recall the last time I was unlucky on the food front around Asia.

I got to Bangkok and met Sonia at the airport, and we made our way to the hotel as normal. Thinking that we would eat healthy (losing weight for P&T's wedding and all), we purchased some salad and tuna sashimi for dinner. Sonia tried one piece and said "the texture is strange - too soft". Having eaten some pretty soft fish before, I thought that it was indeed soft but still fine, and so finished the rest of it.

By 10pm I was in trouble. Cramping stomach, etc. Still awake at 12:30 in the morning, and slept very little that night. I ended up staying in bed the next morning while Sonia went to work, eventually getting up about 1pm. The day was spent sitting by the pool for the afternoon, not eating and just drinking water. That night I was in bed and wanting to sleep by 9pm.

Today has been better, although I am still not ready to eat sashimi again! Managed 35 minutes walking in the gym before I started to feel a little queasy in the stomach, at which point I took it as a sign that I had exercised enough for today. I guess that will teach me to be a little more careful, although as I mentioned we have not had much trouble before...

No comments:

Post a Comment