Thursday, April 23, 2009

Not much to say

Well I realised that I have not updated the blog for a while. That is really because there has not been much to say.

Sonia is in Bangkok at the moment, dodging bullets (joke). Things are calm, as usual, despite what the papers/TV say. It will be interesting to see how things develop, as there is clearly a lot of maneuvering behind the scenes. I suspect it will not be too long before Thaksin is back in the country.

We are off to an ANZAC Ball on Saturday evening. A combination of the NZ Society of Hong Kong (we are members), the New Zealand Chamber of Commerce, and a couple of unimportant Australian associations. The Ball's theme is uniforms, which seems a little strange. Usually these things are themed around things that are a little easier to dress up - like "White" or "Glamour" or "Las Vegas" or something equally inane. We are going in normal Ball stuff, as neither of us own a uniform of any sort. Unless you count business suits as uniforms (some would).

We made biscotti last weekend, chocolate flavour. It has turned out quite well, although it could do with being a little dryer and harder. But the recipe (click here) did tell us in advance that it would be a little soft in the middle. And I don't consider pistachios a valid part of a cake, cookie, or biscotti, so we didn't add them. Also because we didn't have any...

I bought some marshmallows, ready to make another lot of sickly sweet, gooey brownies this coming weekend. Which brings me to the gym. Or maybe that should be drives me to the gym? To atone? They are still renovating the gym. There are subtle signs that suggest it might be close to the end, one of which is a sign saying that the cardio machines will be unavailable after 10pm this Friday night. I have been to the gym a few times on Friday nights, but never that late...

No comments:

Post a Comment