Thursday, July 03, 2008

News

Well, not that much to say right now. Have just booked a flight to HK, planning to be there over the weekend of 19th July. The Monday is a holiday in Tokyo, so I will catch the Friday afternoon flight down and then back on the Tuesday. That gets a long weekend with one extra day of holidays. Not that the annual leave balance is a problem - I have a few days outstanding.

Went and got a haircut this evening after work. The nice girl doing the chopping took the opportunity to practice her English, which at the same time challenged my Japanese capability. We established that Japan has lots more history than New Zealand, but that NZ is a really good place to go snowboarding (one of her customers is heading that way soon). Also that my hair is very nice (I don't understand why), even if it's gray.

Now sitting down in front of the TV (some useless movie is showing) and eating a bowl of instant noodles. Not the Maggi noodles of olden days. Instant noodles here can come in a big bowl, with about 5 different sachets of ingredients to mix in. Since I have no idea of what they are (one is an anemic white paste, two others are sauces of some kind), I generally empty them into the bowl, poor hot water over the top, and hope. These ones seem to have come up ok.

1 comment:

  1. Last time I got my hair cut the hairdresser asked me if I'd like it coloured to cover the grey.

    First time I've been asked that. I think fewer people are guessing my age as mid-twenties these days too.

    Ah well.

    ReplyDelete