Thursday, July 24, 2008

Caprice

So to the menu from dinner at Caprice.....

I started with the warm Duck Foie Gras appetizer - at least that was after the two teasers. The first was a small piece of salmon with pesto on a spoon. Just a nice mouthful to kick-start the tastebuds. Then a smoking bowl (the cone-shaped plate was sitting atop a bowl of dry ice) with jellied beef and vegetable topped with horseradish foam. Not bad, although Sonia was not keen on the jelly...

Sonia started with a trio of scrambled eggs with truffle. Three eggcups, filled with nicely done scrambled eggs, each topped with a small slice of black truffle...

Not a bad start to the meal.

Then Veal fillet for Sonia, and Veal for me (Sonia's was most expensive!). What I should point out is that mine was Veal Sweetbreads. Nice - and I hope you are all impressed with how adventurous I have become.

Then to desert. The cheese that we say going out looked good, so we settled on cheese (each) and a shared Black Forest something or other. Cheese turned out to be a selection from about 12 different cheeses on a trolley. Each cheese was a significant chunk sliced off the whole cheese sitting on the trolley. Predictably Sonia went for mostly blues, while I aimed for the camembert/brie and goats cheeses.

And.... full.

1 comment:

  1. "and I hope you are all impressed with how adventurous I have become.

    Indeed, duck liver and cow-brain. Quite adventurous.

    And belated Happy Birthday wishes to go with your belated birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete