Monday, July 07, 2008

Always be sure of your point

I thought last night (after writing about the new PC) that I needed to be prepared with the receipts when going back to the Apple shop to sort out the memory. Just as well I checked. Despite asking them to put 8 GB in the machine, they only put 6 GB. And I only paid for 6 GB. So in the end I decided to stick with it and see how things go. If it performs ok with 6 GB then we'll have avoided spending the additional money. And I can always upgrade if it ever gets too slow. Right now it does not seem to be in any particular danger of this speed a problem, but to be fair I have mostly just been downloading the software and getting things installed. Over the coming days I will start to do some development and then we shall see. Loading up the web/application server software, the development tools, the database server, and the browser (for testing) will put some load on, and that will really be the acid test.

1 comment:

  1. You still do development? For fun...or what?

    Was going to say, couldn't see how that computer could possibly be too slow for email, intarwebs, and blogger.com...

    Sounds like a nice set up indeed.

    ReplyDelete