Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sisters!

Who needs them?! Well in the end I was lucky enough to get three seats to myself - the 747 was far from full. So I managed to sleep a reasonable amount between Tokyo and Brisbane (skipped breakfast). Then a shower at the first-class Qantas lounge before catching the 2.5 hour flight to Auckland. M&D were there to meet me, and waited while I waited for Hertz to get themselves sorted out. After getting the car, we then took 1.5 hours to get to their place. Auckland traffic is terrible.

Writing this quick update from the hotel in Queenstown where we arrived on Saturday around midday. Saturday afternoon was off to Cromwell for lunch and a quick look around. Including a stop at the dried fruit stall. Dinner last night at Wai, which was not bad. Interesting to eat NZ-style food again after so long in Asia and particularly in Japan.

Today started with breakfast at a local cafe, then off to Arrowtown. Dinner at home in the hotel room (kitchenette included) after a workout at the gym. Well I worked out, Sonia just mucked around and giggled a lot. Amazing how someone that old can still giggle...

No comments:

Post a Comment