Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow!

Sonia has just left to go to the airport for the week in Bangkok. As we walked to the bus we stopped at the local 7-11 to get some cash. There is a friendly guy there who likes to practice his English on me, and he was kind enough to pipe up and tell us that the forecast is for snow at 6pm tonight - in about and hour and three-quarters!

And one morning last week I got out onto the street and noticed that the ground was wet. Strange, but it had not been raining that I'd heard. I found out later that there had been a small amount of snow overnight. Not enough to stay on the ground, but enough to make it wet!

I have just got around to saving a few photos from the camera onto the PC.

This is one example so far for our new collection of dog photos. We saw this one at the shrine in Kamakura in the New Year week...


And these two of Mt Fuji from our trip to Gotemba. The first one is from the train station where we had to change trains part-way through the trip. You can see clearly that there were no clouds anywhere in the sky. Apparently this is a bit unusual.


Not long later on (we'd arrived at the Gotemba outlet shopping village), I saw that clouds had built up:

No comments:

Post a Comment