Saturday, January 12, 2008

First week at work

This is the end of the first week back at work in 2008. An interesting week in Tokyo, as many people are trying to ease into work as slowly as possible. However, we are trying to launch a call centre for Direct Marketing (you know, the people who call you at dinner time to try and sell you something). As such, we have been working with a few external companies to put the project together. This week was getting things finalised and a budget submitted to our regional office in HK for approval.

I have also been recruiting my replacement, and this came to close on Friday when the preferred candidate signed a formal acceptance of our job offer. Sigh of relief... This means that instead of double-hatting (Acting Head of Direct Marketing was now what I came here to do) I can focus my attention back on the projects side.

Sonia did her first week trip from Tokyo to Bangkok (and back). Seems to have worked ok.

The weather has been cold but sunny most of the week. Today dawned cold and rainy, so I guess everything comes to an end.

Grocery shopping this morning, and the gym this afternoon. Tonight off to dinner at the boss's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment