Today is Saturday again - this morning we managed to struggle out of bed before midday. This was an achievement for me, although Sonia was awake (too awake) at some unearthly hour - probably around 8.
We went out to have brunch and decided to try a place we'd seen on the street and in writeups - called Wagyu. An Australian bistro/cafe type of place. Very nice Eggs Benedict, with lots of sauce. The coffee wasn't bad, although not up to the standard of Zambra in Causeway Bay. The menu for dinner was very impressive, so I guess they will see us again sometime soon.
New boss on Friday. Well Thursday really, but I was in KL. It will be interesting - the rumours around HK are that she is not the easiest person to work with or for. Friday appeared to bear this out somewhat. We will see what happens. Worst comes to worst there is heaps happening in the financial services industry.
Both Sonia and I went to KL on Wednesday for a meeting with the local team. I stayed on for Thursday to meet with a few other people, while Sonia fly up to Bangkok. I managed to get home by about 10:30 on Thursday night, and Sonia walked in the door at 9:30 last night.
This coming week has Thursday as a public holiday (I think it's Buddha's birthday?), so we are off to Langkawi for a long weekend. It will be nice to lie in the sun and relax, instead of peering through the humid smog of HK to see if the sun is actually above the horizon.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment