Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A quick note

The news. Well.....

Yesterday my boss resigned to move to AIG in Hong Kong, so today I'm "bossless". Not the end of the world, although a little unsettling. His boss is/was the CEO, so for now we (team of four) "report" to the CEO.

I'm off to Tokyo again this afternoon, returning on Friday night. Sonia was off at Ikea yesterday arranging wardrobe cupboards for the bedroom and study. We are lining one wall of the study with wardrobes in order to give ourselves storage space - somewhere to hide the vacuum cleaner and other bits and pieces. These will be delivered on Saturday (and installed), so we should be able to make some progress tidying up a little.

Sonia has the job of measuring the walls and calculating the "real" size of the apartment. Just so we know...

Anyway, on the transport side. I took the public bus yesterday (remember $5?) which drops me off right outside the office building. It takes a while though, and the seats are fairly small - made for Asian frames, not mine! Today I took the shuttle bus again, after Sonia worked out a way to walk from the place the bus stops through to the office. It's about 5 minutes on a covered walkway up above the streets. Ok at this time of year when it's cooler, but I imagine it will be a killer in summer. Isn't it amazing to be talking about seasons, after 3 years in Malaysia's 32 degrees (Centigrade).

Anyway, time for work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment