Friday, October 14, 2011

It is only fair....

I guess that as I am telling the boys they need to blog regularly (I think Braden managed 2 lines - you'll get more info from Jordan!) I should do so too.... so here is our day in a nutshell

4am marked the first noises from the room next door.  They quietened down until about 6.30 but  by then excitement had kicked in and the poor cats were being subjected to their mornings harassment.  Sure they did not mind really, but hope they don't expect early morning playtime to continue once the boys are gone!

We headed out in the pouring rain to catch the mini bus into town.  The outdoor escalator and a bit of a trek took us to the ferry terminal to book our tickets to Macau for tomorrow.  Unbelievably (it was only 10am!) cries of 'I'm starving - my tummy is still on NZ time' started up.  Who can possibly want another meal 3 hours after the last one!  Pret was the answer - Jordan takes after his mother and had only to debate whether the chocolate cake or the varlhona chocolate mousse would be more satisfying.  Braden takes after anther member of the Palmer family (who shall remain nameless) and took 15 minutes to make up his mind what he wanted :-)

The rain had eased a bit, but we decided to stick with our rainy weather plan and headed off on the museum trail.  The HK Museum of History and the HK Science Museum were both amazing value.  20HKD total got the three of us in the the History Museum (that is about USD 2.50) and the Science museum was a whopping 50HKD.  They took us all day to get around, and we easily could have stayed longer than the 3.5 hours we spent at the Science Museum.

I'm sure you'll be given the full photo rundown (they could both have been born in Japan based on the number of camera flashes I saw this today!), but here are a couple of pictures stolen from Jordans camera just to prove they are alive and well


On the tram at the History Museum

I don't know what to do...'read the instructions'...what instructions - I cannot see any instructions.....'doh!'
We are now being treated to the latest lego movie (honestly - who dreams up this stuff!!) while nibbling on caramel corn and trying to get REALLY tired before bed.  6.30am just does not exist in this house on a Saturday morning - jet lag or not!  Tomorrow we are off to Macau.  Should be fun :-)

Sonia

PS - today we attempted to leave a wallet on the bus, and left our camera behind at the science museum exhibits a grand total of 4 times (yep the camera forgetter was the same culprit every time!) - the staff knew me by the fourth time and were very good about returning it with a smile!  The wallet now lives in my handbag and I'm insisting the camera lives around a little neck.  Promise to do my best to get them home all in one piece!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:48 am

    LOL! Goog luck keeping up with these guys. Funny stories. LOVED the camera one. Must be really nice staff around. Thanks for posting. Your in most informative of the three, although Braden's blog was full of info. Can you give the boys a hug for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did my best to hug them....but they ran away! Sure are keeping me on my toes - but we are having a blast! Sonia

    ReplyDelete