Monday, March 07, 2011

Hong Kong Haze

Well ever since we (I) got here, it has been hazy. Whether it is cold or warm, the haze has really not seemed to shift. Although some element of that might be the tinted windows at the office?

Jenny (helper) is settling in, and it is wonderful not to be facing laundry, dishes, and other cleaning every night. Sachi is getting accustomed to having someone else in the house, and yesterday went so far as to attempt to nose her way into Jenny's room when the door was partially open. The multiple dogs in the complex are becoming more interesting rather than scary as it has become clear that they do not come through the second floor glass windows from a standing leap from downstairs.

I am back at the gym today for the first time in a couiple of months. Now to re-lose some of the calories that have crept back on in the interim period. I can certainly tell from the bike that I have lost some of my fitness. Level 6 on the bike instead of the 10 that I was doing before.

Sunday evening sees me heading off to Pune, India, and then on to London for the remainder of the week. Then the following Monday-Wednesday in Singapore, while Sonia heads off to Bangkok. She was intending to go to Bangkok today, but during an early morning phone call she managed to negotiate a delay.

We have a lounge chair arriving tomorrow, along with someone who will measure the windows for blinds. And Ikea will deliver and assemble a couple of cupboards and sets of bedroom drawers. Then a lounge suite arrives about two weeks later. So not too far off getting sorted. We do, however, need to sell the last wardrobes, which do not fit our lower ceiling.

Ok, enough news and workout, off to shower and go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment