Saturday, October 23, 2010

Post 400 - Where did the time go??

Well Andrew is clearly doing a very poor job of maintaining our blog so I guess that it is up to me...

Tonight is the annual Alico Fancy Dress Halloween party hosted by the Regional CEO. Andrew is off dressed as a Cowboy - I am extremely naughty and do not 'do' either Halloween or Fancy Dress so I am at home alone with the cat - the fact that I really do feel flu'ish with a sore throat and a headache is just validating Andrew's claim that I am unwell and therefore could not attend :-)

Tomorrow I am off to Hong Kong to get my work permit renewed. It seems amazing to me that this means I have been just over three years back with Bravura - time really does fly! I am still (mostly!) enjoying what I do, but a job that did not demand quite so much travel would not be badly received. The rest of next week I will spend in Bangkok - I really will miss that city when the project there ends. It is looking like the end of the year may see the end of my involvement (we shall see!) and it will be sad in a funny sort of way after visiting at least twice a month for the last three years!.

We have been exploring Tokyo by bicycle the last few weeks - we picked up our (not too 'japanese shopping bike' looking) bikes while Kyla was here, and realised that most of the places we go on the weekend are no more than 8 to 10 km away - easily doable in a city that provides ultra wide pavements and expects you to ride on them. It has been good to get some exercise and the fresh autum ('fall') air has been lovely. We slept without the air-conditioner for the first time in ages last night and it was great. The cat has also become much more cuddly as the weather has cooled down - she likes to sleep leaning up against one or other of our legs.

Andrew is currently talking within Alico about a potential move back to Hong Kong next year - our lives are never dull! We should find out within the next few weeks if this is really going to happen. It would be kind of strange because I have not really been here long enough for it to feel like 'home' but I guess I will adjust. My last visit to HK seemed particularly seedy and smelly - I guess it really does depend which part of HK you are in :-)

Not much else happening I am afraid - life just goes on! Hope yours are going well too...

love, Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment