Well I guess it is past time for another update. I'm writing this from the couch, with the sliding doors open to the balcony. At 6pm at night, it's still more than 30 degrees. Tokyo has got very hot and humid over the past few weeks. Very ugly to be out and about in this sort of weather. And it's likely to continue in the same vein for another two months. Bring on autumn and winter!
I was in Athens the week before last, running a conference for our Central & Eastern Europe regional team. 16.5 hours to get there, and the same on the way back. Not great. Athens itself is a bit grimy, and full of mad drivers. More run-down than I expected. But the food was wonderful. Greek salad with fresh tomato, cucumber, and feta. Very good, and the best I have ever eaten anywhere.
Sonia arrived back from Bangkok this morning, and is in town for the week. Then the following week back in Bangkok, while I head off to Montevideo and Buenos Aires to run another conference. What a life? But then you realise that the flights from here go to Dallas, then Miami, to get there. A bit of a laugh when you think this is an (ex?) IT guy teaching product development and sales guys how to do their jobs properly?
Tomorrow morning we are driving down to Hakone for the night. Not a long way, but Sonia decided she wanted to get out of Tokyo. I've taken Monday off, so we drive back on Monday afternoon. This way we will (hopefully) skip the traffic jams leaving and returning to Tokyo.
That's all for now, I think.
Saturday, July 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope you missed the traffic and that you have had a slight reprieve from the heat. Cold and rainy here (mostly) although Sat was nice. Saw your house plans today. Looks very nice.
ReplyDelete