Sunday, July 25, 2010

Buenos Aires

Well it has not really worked out very well. On arriving here in Argentina I
immediately caught a cold/flu. Fever, aches, etc. For the past few days I
have dosed myself with panadol-equivalents and tried to manage my way
through it. Last night was hard, with a very sore throat when I try to
swallow. Not much sleep was had, between jet lag and the throat.

Today is Saturday, and as I had seen very little of Buenos Aires I decided
to venture out anyway. It was sunny, but has turned cold and windy. I am
currently cowering in a cafe with a plate of ricotta ravioli. How long can I
stretch this out before having to do the sprint back to the hotel? There I
will sit in the lobby (no late checkout available) and read my book until
4pm when I head to the airport. The flight leaves at 9:30 tonight, but my
colleagues one is earlier and we will share the taxi out there.

Maybe I will get a chance to come back, and it will be better next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment