Well, this week is the week. On Wednesday I move to the new apartment. Without any furniture or household stuff. I do have 3 big suitcases of clothes and junk that has not been shipped up. But no fridge, washing machine, cooking utensils, plates, glasses, etc. We purchased a cheap duvet, sheet, and pillow on the weekend (from Ikea HK), and I bought them up with me on Sunday.
I managed to borrow a blow-up mattress from someone at the office. I have not inspected it yet, so I'm not 100% clear whether it is a single or larger. If single, then I am a little concerned about where Sonia thinks she will sleep when she arrives on Sunday. The floor? With her pillow but no duvet? When it is snowing outside? Not sure how this is going to work, but since I have to go to work on Monday, it will not be me on the floor!
Trying to figure out the logistics of buying a washing machine and fridge. Except that it's not clear whether they are able to run on NZ voltage. So do we end up having to sell them before we leave (incurring the inevitable loss)? I think tomorrow will be yet another trip to Akihabara to ask the sales guy about the voltages required for the appliances. After reading up on the manufacturers' websites (Japanese pages translated through Google) I am pretty sure that they only work on 110v. Which is a problem. Wait and see what happens in part 2 of the story....
Monday, February 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HELLO! how are you doing? my new blog is called jordancian.blogspot.com/ Check it out and feel free to add a link from your blog if you like. jordan
ReplyDeleteAre you still using the gmail address for your emails? Dad
ReplyDelete