Monday, January 25, 2010

Permits

Well there is progress on the work permit front. I'm sitting in the Ramada hotel in downtown Dubai. It's right next to the new Burj Dubai - the tallest building in the world. And indeed, it is very, very, very tall. Standing close by and looking up, you really are looking straight up. It was clearly visible from the plane as we were coming in last night. In fact it was poking up from the low clouds that were hanging around.

Anyway, back to the work permits. On Saturday I submitted my extension for HK as a dependent on Sonia's work permit. This expires tomorrow (Monday). And then today (Sunday) I went to the Japanese consulate here in Dubai and submitted the application for the Japanese visa. This was possible because here in Dubai Sunday is the first day of the week and is therefore a working day. Friday and Saturday are the "weekend". I am supposed to go back to the consulate on Wednesday around 1pm to collect my passport, which should have the visa stamp by then. Then Wednesday evening we fly out, back to HK. I'll probably stay there until Sunday and fly back up to Tokyo.

Riveting story, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment