Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tokyo Revisited

It was a great weekend in Tokyo, weather notwithstanding.

I got there on Thursday night, about 10:30 (remember me moaning about the long bus trip from the airport into town?), and on Friday went to meet a couple of business contacts. Then in the afternoon went out to get a motorbike jacket (found a nice one on sale with about 40% off the regular price). Then collected the motorbike.

Saturday, we took off about 6:30 in the morning to meet another friend who was taking us on the ride. We rode up into the hills after shooting down the motorway for about 30 minutes in heavy traffic. We stopped a few times to rest our bottoms (bike seats are not always very comfortable) and to admire the views. We had lunch at a vineyard - Manns vineyard in Katsunuma. Then back towards Tokyo and onto the motorway.

Dinner Saturday night was out in Tokyo midtown - a nice American-style restaurant. Then Sunday went to church with the friends. Monday, I met a couple of ex-colleagues before going back to Kappabashi to buy a couple of knives. These are very nice - one of the knives has (I think) 30+ layers of steel using to make it. That makes for very nice patterns on the blade, and (from what I've heard), extremely sharp knives. Not something to put into the dishwasher, I think.

Now back in HK and need to get focused on moving some consulting opportunities forwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment