Well, I assume the ever-efficient grapevine has already passed around the news of another trip to NZ. I am off to Auckland from 8th to 28th September, to look for a house to buy. No, this is not a sign that we are returning to live in NZ. Just a sign that Auckland's property market appears to be picking itself up out of the dumps. As a result we are thinking that now is a good time to get back into the market ourselves. So it will be a few weeks of tripping around the open homes, agents' offices, and houses. And of course the banks to see if any of them will be stupid enough to lend us money. Warning: if the banks are not open to sharing in our investment, we might be calling on family...
Then it is back to HK, by which time I hope the temperature has calmed down a bit. It's still averaging 32 degrees and 70-80% humidity most days. Sharon was saying that it's around 14 degrees in Auckland most days, so that will be quite a change. Better get my snow-suit out.
Sonia is in HK all week. To put that in context, we are talking about her "working" in the apartment (of 40 sqm) where I attempt to work. So I guess by Tuesday (maybe Monday?) there is likely to be blood on the floor. By Wednesday she should be safely on a plane back to Bangkok. At least that is my plan - just don't tell her...
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment