Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cheesecake 2.0

Well last night I set out to make another cheesecake. This time it was to be a full-size thing instead of the 1/3 recipe used to make 6 tiny ones last time.

And of course since I have already made the plain cheesecake, I thought I would mix it up a little. The flavourings that I have in the cupboard are... wait for it.... Rum and Raisin. Surprise.

The cheesecake has turned out a little "creamy", I suspect because I did not cook it for quite long enough? Still it tastes great. Having cut it into eight pieces, and eaten one for afternoon tea (I am about to go to the gym to work it off), I am faced with needing to cut each piece in half. Way too big for one sitting....

The finished article, with a piece cut out.


And a single delectable piece.


And remember that I am mixing all of this by hand. I did cheat and use the blender to mulch the biscuits into crumbs, but other than that it was a saucepan (no bowl big enough) and a wooden spoon. Think of the muscles!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, shame about the flavour.
    Did you realise that you can freeze cheesecake successfully? This eliminates the need to eat large quantities of it in a short space of time.
    How are the shingles? Clearly overwork or stress are not the issues here!

    ReplyDelete