"Lightning", because I am in the midst of a thunder and lightning storm. All of a sudden, with no rain and no warning, it has started flashing and crashing (see the rhymes?). I have been watching Star Trek DS9, so it's interesting to see flashes on the screen and hear the thunder from outside the window.
Chinese Food, because last night we took Uncle Lloyd and Auntie Gwen to a chinese restaurant here in HK. They have stopped over on their way to Israel and Turkey. In actual fact, at the minute that I write this they should be on board their flight (it departs at 11:15pm). We were served 1000-year eggs as an appetiser. Uncle Lloyd and I ate them (he ate two), and wouldn't you know it, they taste like chicken (doesn't everything?). I mean, they tasted like eggs. However, they do not look anything like a normal hard-boiled egg. So kudos on trying this - to the MEN at the table, at least. If you are wondering what they look like, check out the entry on Wikipedia. The picture on the right is exactly what we were served, along with a bit of pickled ginger. The rest of the meal was reasonably tame: half a roast goose, sliced beef with ginger, shredded (more like chopped finely) pork with chilli, sweetcorn soup, and vegetables with mushrooms. And as usual, lashings (!) of Jasmine tea...
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment