Friday, March 20, 2009

The Toilet Strikes Back

Well not really. In fact the big news today (apart from the change in CEO at my old employer) is that the toilet is working again.

I finally managed to get Eddie the maintenance guy to come over just after lunch. He attacked the toilet with the plunger while I stood smugly behind him thinking "I have already tried that and it did not work". However, being the canny man that he is, he quickly noticed that it was not working. At this point I was feeling vindicated. However, asking for a cloth, he threw it into the bowl before applying the plunger with renewed vigour. And hey presto the toilet works. Turned out that the cloth ensured a much tighter fit around the plunger, which stopped air and water escaping around the edges and ruining the effect. A useful home-handyman tip to remember (feel free to write it down if you need to) for when this next happens to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment