Friday, February 13, 2009

First impressions

Just landed at Hanoi, and got into a taxi. Well not really a taxi, more like an airport car. It's a brand new Hyundai, SUV-style. Outside is dark, partly because it is 845 at night, partly because the windows are tinted. The airport is a bit like Manila: worn out and in need of some modernisation. But at this time of night I got through immigration and customs in about two minutes - total from the airplane to the arrivals area took about 5 minutes. This is better than I can do in HK even with using the automatic fingerprint readers and my HK Id card (remember in HK you are just a number on an Id card).

From what I can see it is a bit smoggy outside. Maybe the pollution from the motorbikes?

Apparently the drive to Sonia's hotel takes about 45 minutes, some of which is being taken up with tapping out this missive on the phone (remembering always to keep an eye on the spelling).

No comments:

Post a Comment