Friday, November 07, 2008

Quick update

Well this short episode comes to you from Pacific Coffee (Starbucks clone) in Times Square in Hong Kong. I have signed up for a month of wireless internet access (HKD 158), which happens to be available at most of the coffee places. So every day so far this week I have been found sitting with coffee working on the laptop.

I was talking to Sonia about the feeling of being disconnected during the last few days in Tokyo. At that point I was staying in a cheap hotel, which did not provide internet access. And my mobile phone (which had internet access built in) had been given back to the office. What is worse, Tokyo is incredibly bad for free wireless access - everything is charged (and expensive). So suddenly, after spending the last couple of years being able to look things up quickly, check the news, email, etc, I was stuck. A very strange feeling.

Anyway, now in HK, flying tomorrow night to Bangkok. I will spend the first part of the week there, then fly back on Thursday, before catching an airpoints flight first thing on Friday up to Tokyo. Along with a couple of friends, I will be going for a road trip (motorbikes) over the weekend. Then back to HK on Tuesday to continue the job search and get apartments sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment