Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Japan and Hong Kong

Well, back in Hong Kong again, after spending the weekend in Japan on a bike trip with a couple of friends. We rode to Hida-Takayama (more on this later), which took up all of Saturday and Sunday.

Monday I caught up with people at the office, before flying back to HK yesterday afternoon. Sonia is still working (someone has to!) in Bangkok, but is flying in to HK tomorrow.

This afternoon I am moving us into a serviced apartment that we have rented for a couple of months while I figure out what I will do in the future, and in which country we will base ourselves.

HK temperatures have dropped over the last week. Today is apparently about 22 degrees. I am writing this while sitting outside in my suit (just been to meet a headhunter) and it is still a little on the cool side, so I suspect that we have not reached 22 degrees yet.

Oh well, on to pick up mail from Sonia's office, then to collect my bags from the hotel where I left them this morning. The apartment will be available from 2pm, so I need to get there, leave the bags and then go find some groceries. Not exactly a pressured life!

All going well I will post a more detailed review of the bike trip later today. Unfortunately I only have a couple of photos on the mobile phone (forgot to take the camera with me), but I will display a map of the route. I rented a Triumph 1050c Sprint ST (touring bike), which was a bit different from the types of bikes I have ridden in the past. Anyway, more later.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:09 pm

    I guess since you have no job, you will come home to have Christmas with us? It will be at our new house.... where we will have a special 2 seater table for breakfast on the deck, overlooking a bubbling stream....

    ReplyDelete