Thursday, June 05, 2008

Update

Well, what to say?

As I said the other day, it's become very changeable here in Tokyo. While Sonia enjoys the usual hot weather in Bangkok, Japan has moved into the rainy season. Almost every day this week it has rained part of the day, and it's raining even now as I write. This will apparently continue through into the start of July.

Sonia is flying back to Tokyo overnight tonight. We don't have anything really planned for the weekend, so it will probably be another quiet one.

TV is the usual boring stuff - it seems to run somewhere between 4 weeks up to one whole season behind everywhere else. Although American Idol has finished everywhere else in the world and people are celebrating David Cook, here it's finishing this week (tonight I think).

The Day of the Jackal is on at the moment - the original version. Much better than Bruce Willis' version in 1997. Strange how the remakes are often not as good as the classics.

What else? Well I cooked cold Soba noodles tonight, with authentic dipping sauce. A bit of a rigmarole, as you have to cook the sauce, cool it, and then cook and cool the noodles. I now have a jar of sauce in the fridge for next time. I am not sure how long it will keep, but as it is primarily soy sauce, mirin, and water it will probably be ok for a week or so.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:44 am

    You have quite a way to go before your blogs about your meals are as informative as Paul's.... and not a photo in sight. Come on, lets see a bit of competition!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete