Wednesday, June 18, 2008

California Grill

Just a short update this time.

Tonight was dinner with the CEO (his wife and kids just left for a holiday in Thailand). We went to a place that I'd previously been to with a friend. Called California Grill Yoshi (not sure why to Yoshi on the end) in Azabu-juban. This is about a 15 minute walk from the apartment, and serves fairly standard fusion food.

However it's definitely worth a visit because it's very good quality, and at a reasonable price. The set dinner (big range of appetisers and main dishes) is ¥3900 per person for three courses. Dessert is pretty small - a sliver of cheesecake with a dollop of coffee icrecream, but it's still great food.

The restaurant is typically small - four tables plus two seats at a counter. Tucked away upstairs, and easy to miss from the street. In fact, I had not been able to find it again after the first time I went there the first time with David.


Anyway, I had soft-shell crab entree (masala sauce), and then the foie gras burger. A huge heart-attack-inducing slab of foie gras on top of a medium-rare burger. A little mashed potato on the side (which is not really needed given the pile of carbs that make up the burger). Definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment