Well this weekend coming, Sonia and I will be back in HK. I have a couple of meetings booked on Friday, so tonight I jump on a plane at 6:30, then fall into bed by around 11:30. Sonia gets in on Friday night. It's only a short trip for both of us, as we need to be back at our desks the following week - Monday for Sonia, Tuesday for me (Monday is a holiday in Tokyo).
It will be good to have a chance to make sure the apartment is still ok before we swan off on holiday in Perth/Margaret River the following weekend.
Not much to tell right now. Oh, I am taking some Japanese lessons - the team have been teaching me some basics (numbers are below), but it's important to have some of the formal phrases you need in a business context.
1 = ichi
2 = ni (as in knee)
3 = sun
4 = see
5 = go
6 = rock
7 = hitchi
8 = hutchi (I think)
9 = qu (as in queue)
10 = dew
Strangely if you want to indicate 50, you actually say "go-dew". Similarly, 15 is "dew-go". I guess it makes some sense, but it will take a bit of getting used to.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment