Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's off to work I go...

Well after 3 1/2 months of being a lady of leisure I started work again this week. Keeping to our regular routine, Andrew and I once again work in the same office, and even have seats next to each other. We never last long not working together - how cute. Last week was an awkward one as I tried to work out which of two six month contract offers I should accept. Bravura Solutions finally came through with an offer that had been in the making for a few weeks, and Prudential also made it to the party with a very rushed through offer when they realised I was about to take something else. The advantage of a bit of competition... Only time will tell if I selected the right job!

Andrew is off in Tokyo tonight and back again on Friday. I don't think that seat next to his at work is going to get me much more talking time - he is never in town! His current challenge is convincing the Japan office that they do not need him there every week between now and the end of March - definitely not an option if he does not want to come home to a grumpy wife each week.

Saturday sees us flying of to NZ for Christmas - a very rushed trip and Andrew's first for just over two years. We are looking forward to it. We have rented a car from the airport so no-one needs to miss the Christmas church service to meet us. By the time you are all done with the carols and dramas we should be well and truly back in West Auckland and keen to catch up with everyone. Christmas day we are splitting between the Rickard house and the Palmer house. Apologies to everyone who has been waiting for us to finally make up our minds what we are doing! Blame the male in the house - he is very indecisive!

It is almost midnight and I will turn into a pumpkin if I do not head to bed. Have a happy day,

Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment