Well, the news comes to you today from Bangkok airport. We may have been here before?
Wednesday was Guangzhou on my newly issued multiple-entry China visa. Guangzhou is a pretty easy day-trip from HK. 8:30 train from the Kowloon side arriving in Guangzhou at 10:00am. Back again on the 6:30 train at night. Then Thursday morning to Bangkok on a flight that was supposed to leave at 9:00am and ended up leaving at 10:30. This was after we "stole" a replacement plane from a group of people who were going to Bali. They were unlucky enough to be delayed from 10:00am to 1:00pm. I did manage to get upgraded to first class, however on a 2 hour flight this is not a big deal. Anyway, we arrived in Bangkok safely. Stayed at the Conrad (nicer than the Banyan Tree for anyone who keeps track). Now after a day of meetings and a very pleasant working lunch with a colleague, I sit patiently awaiting a 7:00pm flight back to HK. When it arrives (about 10:45), I'm supposed to race into town and try to catch up with my team and previous boss for coffee (they are meeting for dinner). Then home. Another busy week.
Monday sees another flight to Japan, where I expect to spend the week. At this point I still cannot say anything more than "Moshi moshi" (a casual form of "hello) and "Arrigato" ("thankyou"). I have learnt along the way that you should not say "sayonara" for "goodbye" as it actually means "I will not see you again".
More tidying of the apartment is planned for the weekend, not sure what else. That's really all I can think of for now.
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment