Today was the first day travelling from the new apartment to the office. Having caught the shuttle bus a couple of times on the weekend and having a reasonable trip, I thought today I'd try that route. I left the apartment at 6:59 according to the clock. The bus arrived within 5 minutes of me getting to the waiting area. There were a few others there as well - mostly suits on the way to the office. The bus actually takes a while to get to the station in town. Then to the MTR, arriving at Central, and the 5-10 minute walk to IFC. All in all not a big deal, although it did take a while. I walked into Pacific Coffee at 7:45. I guess you can probably clock it at 45 minutes door-to-door?
Next time I'll try catching the public bus, which in theory takes 40 minutes but has the advantage of finishing up right outside the office.
I spotted one guy from the shuttle bus jumping into a taxi as soon as he got off the bus. Maybe that's a good idea for keeping the temperature down? The MTR can be pretty warm at times.
Anyway, that was the trip to work. Rivetting, huh?
I discovered on the weekend two of the drawbacks of moving into a completely new apartment. The airconditioner in the living area leaks onto the floor. I can put up with that - the temperature is fine if you keep the doors open to let the breeze in. The bigger issue is the drainpipe into which the washing machine empties waste water, doesn't. Drain, that is. Being new, the apartment and everything in it is still under warranty, however I'm not at home all of this week, so it's going to be difficult to get it fixed. Meanwhile I'm running out of clean underwear!
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment