Wednesday, October 18, 2006

National Disaster

Sonia arrived last night and started to unpack her bag. Now the (my) place looks like a mess! My place! Imposter!

We went down for breakfast this morning (will be nice to get out of the hotel soon), then walked to the MTR station so that Sonia knows the way (assuming that she can remember the directions and turnings). I've stopped at Pacific Coffee to collect my morning caffiene injection before heading upstairs to the office.

Sonia is off with an estate agent this afternoon (no rest for the very wicked) to look at a range of apartments around the place. Today she will focus mostly on Happy Valley (make anyone think of Happy Valley ski slope at Ruapehu?), Wan Chai (party town), and Midlevels (expatriate central). Then tomorrow afternoon meeting one of the agents who showed me a couple of places in Bel-Air. Then tomorrow late afternoon with another agent at Bel-Air - this may be the favourite development so far.

Decided that I'm sick of cooking for myself in the hotel room (it has a small kitchen) while walking past lots of nice restaurants every day. Tonight I'll drag Sonia to Grappa's Cellars for dinner to recap the apartment hunting experience. Then tomorrow night we are supposed to meet up with Paula, a lady who Sonia and I have both worked with over the years and who was instrumental in me getting this current job.

Time to get to work... I hope Sonia has tidied up by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment