Friday, October 27, 2006

The contract is signed

We are ready for launch - things are starting to fall into place. The apartment rental has been agreed and contracts signed. Money to be paid today once we know the company name to go on the cheque! Carpark is included, so now Sonia is nagging (!) about getting a car. Crown Relocations called yesterday to say that the shipment has arrived in Hong Kong. Monday is a holiday, so I guess they will not be moving the stuff in then. Maybe Tuesday if the shipment clears customs in time. Otherwise it will have to be the week after, as I am off to KL next Wednesday, then Indonesia on Monday 6th, and Philippines at the end of that week. Since Sonia is swanning off back to NZ on Monday night, there are few days that will fit properly. Still, it's nice to have an apartment to call home.

I write this from the Bangkok airport where, having finished my meetings, I wait for my late afternoon flight. Actually I have been working (very peaceful tucked away in a corner) and just needed 5 minutes.

Sonia has running backwards and forwards between the hotel and Central getting the apartment stuff organised. This also required collecting a letter from the office to prove that I am (gainfully?) employed. Since then she has been looking for towels (suprisingly difficult to find) and a mattress protector (also not easy). And sleeping in (as she keeps telling me). I'm not sure what else to write about Sonia's activities, but I will apply pressure to have her update the blog on the weekend.

Oh well, back to work I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment